7.11.18

Dilated Cardiomyopathy

Assalamualaikum and Hi.

'It has been so long since i write in this blog'. 

I guess I'll have to make that phrase permanent for every post. 

So many things were happening during this 8 months. From being sick to getting back your health again, and being sick again until you're diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy.

I wasn't aware of those symptoms I had. I just thought maybe it was just asthma attack (since I've had it from child, then stop on 1997, last attack was when I was pregnant in 2015). On Ramadhan, it was getting worst. I walk from partition to partition in my office, and I get tired easily. Again, I thought I was just having short breath. 

I lost my appetite, I felt nauseous and bloated. Even my tummy was big, big enough to make people think that I am pregnant (which I did not hope so since my baby was only 7 months at that moment).

Until the first week of Raya, where I couldn't bare the pain anymore, I had decided to go to the clinic and get a scan. We had visited the clinic few times before and yes doctors just prescribed me with some asthma and lungs medication. And it was found that the bloated is because the free fluid in my abdomen. 

Image result for free fluid in abdomen

At that moment, I was kinda shocked, because I have never heard of this before. The doctor immediately prepared me some referral letter for me to go to the Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh since I opt to get the treatment there because they need to investigate further what is the fluid, is it blood, 'nanah' or just water?

So after that, we (my sister and I) immediately go to the emergency, gave them the referral letter, and yes, it was the longest time ever to wait in the triage where lots of patience have to wait before discharge or boarding to respective wards.

I was waiting to be transferred for almost 12 hours. At 2am. Can u imagine? 



The next few days in hospital, I just felt tired, and the doctors did a few procedures on me to remove the access water. First week admitted they thought me having 'bengkak hati'. U know like hati ayam with full of fats? But they did all required tests to find out the cause, and they found nothing. That includes hepa tests. I did not take alcohol and I did not have any lifestyle that could lead to having Hepatitis A, B or C.


When my family visited me, poor Safiyyah. She had to sacrificed breastfeeding due to the medicines I consumed.

Went for tapping.

Image result for tapping water from stomach

After the procedure, they collected 350ml of yellowish water. And it was not a lot but it was NOT normal for people my age.

This is my 2nd ward.


...to be continued..



No comments:

Post a Comment

BigPay for a Big Spender Like Me!

Shh don't tell anyone I'm using BigPay and it's amazing! It's a powerful app that tracks your expenses and lets you manage y...